Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Weekend

This weekend we were lucky enough to finally enjoy a long weekend.
Its been ages since we had a 3 day weekend, the last few there was Stephen or I had to work, so since we dont have to much longer to go til we have our next baby, we decided to stay home, and start getting things ready.
On Saturday my sister and brother in law came to watch football and George, Jenny and Carlos stopped by for a few hours.
It was good for Mana, he loves playing with Carlos, he gets all excited, and they play really well together.
Mana got a motorized four wheeler for Christmas and the two of them rode around the living room on it, it was very cute!



Saturday Night it got super windy and stormy.
The wind was blowing like crazy, and for some reason, it seems to come through our area nice and hard, we heard a loud smash and went outside to see the glass on our out door table had smashed and the umbrella had blown all the way to the far left corner of our yard.
All the chairs were scattered everywhere, it was a mess, but eventually we cleaned it up.

The other thing I managed to do on Saturday and Monday was read Twilight and New Moon.
I know I'm behind everyone on reading them, but its hard to read working full time and spending what little time I have after that with Mana, so I spent a few hours reading those books.
I liked the second book better than the first.
Stephen was able to watch a ton of movies while I read.
We cleaned a ton, and I'm still not completely prepared for our baby, well not as prepared as I would like to be, but I feel alot better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think you did the books the smart way!! I hated waiting for breaking dawn after reading eclipse :) That is crazy what happened to your table!! So two more weeks??

Anonymous said...

Hey Dayn .. Liz again. I'm a lover for the Twilight series so glad to know you are reading the books too. I got Vanz hooked on it. Out of it what happened to your outside table and umbrella. That must have been some hardcore wind blowing around those ways. Anyway get alot of rest and give our love to Mana from us here.