Friday, September 12, 2008

Slippery ..

So usually I try not to carry Mana, hes too heavy and I'm too far along in my pregnancy and its just really not a good idea.
But yesterday I was carrying Mana into Smiths, I couldnt be bothered putting his shoes on and we parked really close so I figured we'd be fine.
I walked into Smiths carrying Mana and went to grab a cart, as I stepped off the mat there was a small puddle of water, which I slipped on.
I dropped Mana, he hit his head on the floor, and I somehow managed to avoid landing on my stomach, and landed straight on my knee and twisted one of my ankles.
My poor son is so tough when it comes to getting hurt, he had tears coming out of his eyes, didnt really cry, and he was trying to pick me up.
There was an older guy there who was freaking out, he was in the middle of cleaning the floor.
The Manager came running down to see if I was ok, they were nice and very apologetic, and trying to check the floor to see if there was any water.
They didnt see any water on the floor, I was like, look at my jeans, the knees on my jeans were soaked!
I guess they were worried I was going to try to sue them, but since I was fine and Mana was fine, we got our food and left.
They said to come back if I had any problems or residual effects of slipping, but I'm sure we will be fine.
I think I was more embarrassed than anything really, I must've looked like a whale sitting there on the floor.

This picture has nothing to do with anything, this is from the pics Sanae took, but I like for my blog to have pics with everything .. like a picture book.

12 comments:

Valasi Satini said...

OMG sue sue sue!! lol. Just kidding. Just glad you, baby, and Mana are ok. :)

Nimo said...

hello im with lasi. SUE! LOL!! when i worked in Retail and things like this happened we ALWAYS settled out of court in favor of the plantiffs, and for quite a bit of money. im just saying....lol!!!

Valasi Satini said...

ok so since Nimo said that, you should definitely sue! :)

Nimo said...

LOL!! Seriously though, im just glad you and mana and the baby are ok. sorry, i meant to say that in my original post but i got carried away.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh!!! Your cute cute boy!!! Of course he tried to take care of you...the story made me cry!!! I am so glad you guys are okay and that it wasn't any worse! I love the picture of you too...post more!!!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! How scary! I hope you three are all ok! If you're ever strapped for cash, you can always go back and sue them. :) Mana is so cute and that's darling how he was worried about his mommy. cute cute!

Nau Willis said...

holy smokes! Im glad your ok..shees thats freaky!!Mana is such a good lil boy tryin to help his mom!

BBC said...

wow.... that's pretty scary... i'm so glad that everyone is ok! also, that picture of you are beautiful! post more!

kam said...

so glad you guys are ok! what a sweetheart mana is.

love the photo! let's see more!

Jess said...

Had to read the post after you told me about the incident yesterday. Crazy! So glad you, Mana and baby are okay :) Love the pic!

sanaejames photography said...

dang! ouch! HOpe you're okay! I've been meaning to come by since I missed your baby shower to drop off a gift. I will make sure to come by sometime soon!

Chris and Channy said...

oh my gosh dayna, you poor thing! i'm so glad you and mana didn't get seriously injured. you're one tough woman. i hope you're not feeling any after effects of the fall. so cute how mana is so tough...but the best part is how he tried to help you up. how adorable.

i love the pic sanae took! you look great!