Monday, June 9, 2008

Friday 6th and Saturday 7th ..

Mana and his Uncles, he LOVES these two
Mana, Tapua and Bronte
Aunty Elaine and Mana




Us sitting outside
Mana and Grandma
Miranda and Harris





On Friday it was my Birthday, and I decided to work from home and spend the day with Mana.
It wasnt too hard to do my work, Mana sat in the room with me playing with his toys and watching cartoons, so long as he could see me he was happy.

We werent sure if we were going to be able to do anything with Stephen as the beginning of the month is the time he cant take any days off, but lucky for us he finished at 5 and we invited Robbie, Sanae and the girls to go and see Kung Fu Panda with us.

The movie was pretty cute, I liked it and we're sure Mana liked it.
I dont think we really thought about getting Mana a ticket because it seems like a waste of money when hes only 1, and we didnt think the movie would be so packed..
Since it opened on Friday, the theatre was packed with people so Mana had to sit on us, what a pain (still love you son) !
He was getting so into the movie, he was trying to kick and punch and do all the Kung Fu he was seeing on the movie, he wouldnt sit still for very long, he kept wanting to get up and jump around, so next time we go to a movie we will have to buy him a ticket, as well as go when its not the opening weekend.

Then Stephen and I went home, put Mana to be and watched Battlestar Galatica ... So, overall, it was a good day !

Saturday was a crazy day !

Stephen had to go to work at 9am and I was having a Birthday Brunch with the ladies, so I had to take Mana to my parents before heading over to IHOP .

My parents live in Draper, so I took Mana up there and headed back to American Fork for breakfast at 10am.
We had a nice brunch, thanks for organizing Jess, and thanks for coming Nimo, Syndee, Amy, Nau and Lasi, it was a nice break from all the wedding stuff I've been doing for my sister.

I drove to my house after brunch, picked up all the center pieces and some clothes Mana and I needed for my sisters Pre Wedding dinner, and headed back to Draper.

Got to the chapel we were all going to be at around 2:00pm and we set up everything up.
The Pre Wedding Reception didnt start til 7pm, and Shane and Brit we're having Tau's 1st birthday at 3pm, so I got Mana changed and we headed down to Orem to go to the Birthday party.

We were at the Party for a little over an hour, Brittany had made Tau a little basketball cake, it was so cute, we ate, dropped off our present and then Mana and I headed back to Draper to get ready for my sisters Pre Wedding celebration.

Got to Draper around 5:45pm and I stayed at the chapel while my mum, sister and sisters friends went home to shower and get ready, I asked my mum to take Mana back to their house so he could play, and I would wait for people to show up.

The reception was supposed to start around 7pm, it started a little after, and it was good.
Harris had some family band playing, they were good, and his little nieces danced a few numbers, they were cute !

We left at 10pm, and got a message to head to Faleni and Jess' house, so we drove back to Provo til just after 12, when we finally headed home to Lehi.

The only nap Mana had was in the car on the way to Tau's birthday, so for being very tired, he was really good all day for me. He's a little trooper !

Saturday was a LONG day!

3 comments:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

well, happy belated birthday... wish I'd known earlier. So someday the weather will get nicer and we'll be able to get a tan and have our boys play in the water at 7 peaks. Someday.

Unknown said...

happy, happy birthday :) so Miranda had a pre-wedding reception?? does that mean they just had one before they were getting married and not having one after? Hope it was tons of fun!!! I am so happy for her :) Everyone is growing up so fast :)

Tui said...

Alright! Nice to know there are others in the fam that watch BSG. This week should be a good one! lol