Friday, June 13, 2008

My sister is MARRIED !!!

Bronte and Josiah
Spiderman, Sam, Mana and Tapua
Suga and Ariel
Hello
You look stoked
Siah big eyes
Oh YEAH !!!

Their head table
ma Mana monkey
Mims and Dad dancing
Parents and Monies
Sole loves to dance and give the dollar bills

Trying to get away from us
Twins .. Uncle Mark and Dad
Bridesmaids
Mum and her girls
Tapua and Siah .. dreamers
Ariel and Angela
Parents, sis and Harris
Mum and Aunty ElaineOur little Family
Dad, Sam and Ariel
Miranda and Harris
Our side of the family
Mum, Harris, Miranda and Dad

So my sister FINALLY got married. I spent the last few weeks staying up late to make dresses, I made 4 dresses for her bridesmaids and our sister who was the flower girl.
I made table runners in her colours and I made a table cover for her cake table.
I did her decorations for her wedding, and set up the venue and just basically tried to take that off her hands so it wouldnt be something she or my mum had to worry about, plus my Aunty came all the way from Australia to hang out with my mum and come to the wedding, so I wanted mum to be able to enjoy being with her sister.
So after the last few weeks of stressing like crazy and being way to busy to do anything around my house, here is the result.
I posted a ton of pics so that my family in other countries can see what happened.
On the actual morning of the wedding, Miranda got up around 6am and Tara and Cassie came over to get her hair and makeup started as she had to be at the Salt Lake Temple before 11am.
Miranda was fortunate enough to know a women who sewed for Maggie Sottero, a wedding dress designer, and she got her dress for a STEAL of a price !
Antoinette (Mirandas friend) and I headed out at 7:00am to the reception venue to set up.
Amy, my good and kind helpful friend, and Vanz , who finally made it back from the motherland, meet us over there and we set up as much decorations as we could.
We left to head to Salt Lake to get to the Temple just in time for Miranda and Harris to come out, she looked BEAUTIFUL !!
As soon as we finished taking pics, and gave the keys to the groomsmen for the Hummer, Dad, Vanya, Antoinette and I headed back to the reception place to finish setting up and organizing things.
At 5pm the reception was to start and at 4:45pm the guests started arriving.
The caterer that Miranda and Harris had paid brought a TON of food, there was an appetizers table, and Main Buffet table and a dessert table, the food was delicious !
Miranda and Harris were also fortunate enough the we have a good friend, Lisa Gunderson, who made a 6 tier cake for them for FREE, with all different flavours, it was SO good, I took a piece home that was the size of my plate, I LOVE CAKE !!
The reception was great, there was some singing, Harris' friends and then the Moleni's sang.
Some dancing by Harris' nieces, and Harris and his friends .. that was the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time, Harris' Michael Jackson .. too funny !!
Being the good girl she is, Miranda learned the Tauluga (sp? anyone ?) so she did that and the night ended a little after 8.
Overall it was a beautiful night, now if only someone hadnt walked off with my sister in laws two tall nice vases, we would have been happy.
All in all, it was a great wedding, so proud of my sister and happy she married Harris, hes a good guy !

5 comments:

BBC said...

wow! i can't believe she's married already! miranda looks gorgeous! send her our congrats! :)

Nau Willis said...

now you can rest! beautiful pics dayna!

Nimo said...

How very beautiful! You are so talented Dayna. I need to take up sewing! Congrats to your sister and husband. :)

Analei said...

Sounds wonderful! the pictures are beautiful. You're a good sister :-)

Unknown said...

congrats Miranda!! I love her dress :) Way to take great pics!! and you look great too...can't even tell you are preggo in the pics!!